The IAM will launch its Early Career Development Network (ECDN) with a half-day workshop titled ‘Developing and Managing an Academic Career’. The ECDN aims to provide IAM members with a range of professional and career development activities across the key strands of academic posts (Teaching, Research & Service). It holds a somewhat different focus to the Annual Conference along with hosting an extended target audience and group of contributors. The objectives of the ECDN are to:
- Encourage collaborative debate and learning on research, teaching, learning and professional development.
- Attract and build a community of scholars and practitioners interested in independent research, teaching & professional development practices.
- Establish a forum for discussion and debate on in Irish and international context.
- Build the capacity, skills and networks of IAM members
- Encourage the sharing of good practices in teaching, research and service amongst the IAM community
The opening workshop of the ECDN will be focused on career paths and development. This event will involve presentations, panel discussions, and Q&A around the variety of career paths available to early career scholars (i.e. PhD students, postdocs, early career lecturers etc along with teasing out the benefits, drawbacks, opportunities and challenges of the different options. It will also seek to provide guidance on how best to develop and manage your academic career and support your academic and research network.
Event Location: Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick
Event Date and Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm (followed by lunch and the IAM 2020-2025 Strategy Launch)
Event fee: Free of charge to Irish Academy and British Academy of Management Members