16th IRISH ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT (IAM) CONFERENCE
Scholarship of Integration:
Engaging Communities of Learning & Practice
Registration for the IAM Conference 2013 is now open. Waterford Institute of Technology, situated in the City of Waterford (Ireland) will host the Academy of Management's Annual Meeting from September 2nd – 4th, 2013
Travel, Accommodation, Local Tourist Attractions and Events
We have secured attractive accommodation and tourist attraction rates for those attending the conference, links for which are provided below. Please quote the IAM Conference when booking these facilities;
- Getting here
- Accommodation Options
- Local Tourist Attractions & Events
The 16th Annual Irish Academy of Management Conference will be hosted by Waterford Institute of Technology, located in Ireland's oldest City in the South East of Ireland. The conference seeks to bring together the Scholarship of Integration by engaging communities of learning and practice. It will feature a number of keynote speakers from the academic and professional realm, including Prof. Ann Cunliffe of Leeds University Business School, UK; Prof. Charles Wankelof St. John's University, New York; Prof. Thomas Lawton of Tuck School of Business Dartmouth; Cathriona Hallahan, MD of Microsoft Ireland; Michael Veale, CEO Buy4Now and Sam McCauley of Sam McCauley Chemist Group, Ireland.
- The conference will begin with a Doctoral Colloquium on Monday September 2nd 2013, and will formally open with a reception on the evening of the 2nd at the Theatre Royal located in Waterford City's Viking Triangle.
- The official opening ceremony and first keynote speech will be on Tuesday morning, September 3rd. The conference gala dinner will take place on Tuesday evening at the Granville Hotel Waterford, at which best paper and poster awards will be announced.
For the first time, an Excellence in Practice Assembly and Poster Exhibit form part of the conference proceedings, which will take place on Wednesday morning the 4th of September. This assembly, involving key business leaders seeks to demonstrate Scholarly Integration in Action and display best practice examples of communities of learning and practice in the Business world.
Delegates will spend time exploring the integration opportunities and challenges faced by each community, ultimately seeking paths to greater community interaction. Excellence in practice case study poster submissions, detailing learning and practice community partnership initiatives are invited for presentation at the Assembly.
The Call for Paper Abstract Submissions is now CLOSED; please submit your FINAL PAPER here
MAIN CONFERENCE 3rd - 4th September 2013
Doctoral Colloquium 2nd September 2013
The key dates relating to this conference are highlighted below;
- Preliminary call for papers: CLOSED
- Registration Now Open
- Submission of Final Papers 14th June 2013
- Early Bird Deadline 30th June 2013
- Author Registration Deadline 31th July 2013
- Submission of Final Posters 31st July 2013
- Please review relevant guidelines before submission;
- Poster: Excellence in Practice Assembly & Doctoral Colloquium
Contact and further information
This event is proudly sponsored by The Waterford Gathering http://www.waterfordgathering.com/