Submissions are invited from academic scholars, research students (Masters, PhD, DBA and other relevant doctorates) and practitioners in management areas, including:
- Accounting, Finance and Corporate Governance
- CSR, Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Education, Teaching and Learning
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Healthcare and Public Sector Management
- Leadership & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing and Services Management
- Professional Practice
- Strategy and International Business
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Work, Employment and Organisation
Meet The Editors
We are very pleased to announce that an online Meet The Editors session will take place at the conference on Wednesday 25th August from 11.45am to 1pm. The
session will be moderated by the Chair of the Irish Academy of Management, Professor Anthony McDonnell (UCC), and will feature editors from the Irish Journal of
Management, the European Management Review, the Journal of World Business, the Journal of Decision Systems and R&D Management. This is sure to be a very
interesting and valuable session and will be open to all registered at the conference. Further details regarding the session are available at the following link.
SUBMISSION & REGISTRATION 2021
Submission and Registration Deadlines (see also https://iam2021.exordo.com/):
22nd March 2021: Submission of abstracts (at https://iam2021.exordo.com/)- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION HAS NOW CLOSED
23rd July 2021: Full paper submission deadline for conference and doctoral colloquium (See update below)
30th July 2021: Registration deadline for conference and doctoral colloquium
Please note, that in order to be considered for the Best Paper award, full competitive papers must be submitted by the deadline. Papers will not be published anywhere online after the conference.
Update regarding submission of full papers
Only final papers that are submitted by 23 July 2021 will be considered for the Best Paper Award (conference) or IAM-BAM Doctoral Student Scholarship Award (doctoral colloquium).
Final papers that are submitted by 30 July 2021 will be included in the conference and doctoral colloquium schedule; after this date, we will not be able to accept submissions and the submission portal will close.
We are pleased to announce that registration for the virtual conference and doctoral colloquium is now open. To register, go to https://iam2021.exordo.com/. You should then log in as normal (or set up a new account if you have not logged in before) and go to the 'My Registration' section. Please note that registration must be completed by 30 July 2021.
The conference fees for virtual attendance are as follows:
€50 plus €60 individual membership fee
Student rate (Institutional Member)
Student rate (Non-Institutional Member)
€50 plus €30 individual membership fee
Abstract Submission Guidelines (see also https://iam2021.exordo.com/): - ABSTRACT SUBMISSION HAS NOW CLOSED
Abstracts should be 1500 words long inclusive of references and follow a standard abstract format clearly detailing, for example,
o Your aim/research question
o Research limitations/implications
o Practical implications
o Social implications
Citations in text and referencing should use Harvard style formatting.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed in April 2021 and invited to submit a full paper by 23rd July 2021.
Doctoral Colloquium Submissions:
To follow the same format. It is appreciated that doctoral students are at different stages in the PhD journey - therefore the level / depth of the research may vary accordingly. Submissions for the Doctoral Colloquium should focus on:
- The aim/research question
- Completed / or expected design/methodology/approach
- Presentation of key gaps / findings in the current literature reviewed
- Insight into the scope / parameters of the approach taken (conceptual, empirical, document analysis, etc).
- Relevance / contribution (potential implications) of the proposed research
Doctoral students should aim to have 1000-1500 words INCLUDING academic references section and all headings.
Full Paper Submission (due 23rd July 2021) guidelines:
- All submissions should adhere to the following guidelines. Submissions failing to adhere to these will not be accepted.
- Document to be saved as a pdf
- Document should be formatted in Times New Roman font, 12 pt., 1” Margins, A4 portrait
- Competitive papers should be between 6000 and 8000 words in length exclusive of bibliography
- Working papers should be no more than 5000 words in length
- First page must be the title page including:
- Paper title
- Full name of each author
- Affiliation of each author
- E-mail address of the corresponding author
- Second page should be a structured abstract (max 250 words) with the following headings where applicable:
- Research limitations/implications
- Practical implications
- Social implications
- Keywords (between 3-6 keywords); Citations in text and referencing according to Harvard style; Any tracked changes must have been accepted and document is saved without comments or tracked changes.